If you follow me on Twitter,
Photo by Tala Samman of My Fash Diary
The other panels that day were incredibly useful and informative, and included topics such as the changing culture of fashion, the business of blogging, and how to develop relationships and become more valuable to brands. Be sure to read about the event on the iFabbo blog, where you will also find out about the next conference that will be taking place in San Francisco!
Below are highlights of some of the ideas shared during other panel on the day:
- A great idea from @hairromance for lifestyle bloggers: write an e-book. Not only can you receive revenue from your valuable content, it’s an alternative tool to the blog archive.
- “A lot of people see blogging as an access-all-areas pass to a ‘celebrity’ lifestyle, rather than the strategy and hard work that is required to do it well.” – @nikthakkar
- “Magazines and blogs are complimentary. For bloggers, there’s power in being able to disseminate information instantly.” – @ceanne/@THEOUTNET
- On Twitter, always think about reputation management, and that Google never forgets.
- “There is a fine line between showing your individuality and over-sharing on Twitter.” – @cclarebear
- When it comes to blog content management: “Think quality over quantity.” – @rewardStyle/@VENZedits
- On including advertising on your blog: “Ask yourself, ‘What would Vogue do?'” – @nikthakkar
A special thank you to iFabbo co-founders Tonia Korakis and Sinead Norenius for organizing such a wonderful event, Kettner’s for hosting us in their beautiful space, and to the sponsors for supporting the event (links below).
With iFabbo co-founders Sinead Norenius and Tonia Korakis by Annabelle John of Three Little Buhos
RewardStyle, Hydroxatone, Sarah McNamara, Konjac Sponges, A-List Skincare, Nelly.com, Nazila Love Glamour, Let’s Go Lashes and Beautisol.
Was at this conference and never had a moment to say hello! I really thought the whole day was so valuable and loved to hear you guys talk about how to just go for it in your photography. Thank you!
Hi Emily! I’m so glad that you found the event useful, and that you enjoyed the photography talk. Thanks for your comment.:)