In Christopher Kane’s Autumn/Winter 2012, the pale sheers and shimmering brocade of his Spring/Summer 2012 collection have been superseded by an intensely-deep colour pallette of reds, purples, blues, and blacks, along with leathers and oversized cashmeres. I have come to look forward to his collections, and admire his ability to present something clever and new every season, while staying true to his creative aesthetic. As Alexa Chung told Luisa Via Roma, “he treads that fine line between vulgarity and beauty so well,” and Final Fashion’s Danielle Meder accurately identifies him as one of the Technicians – the “innovators, experimenters, the scientists of fashion” – in her blog post “Seven Types of Fashion Designers.”
Since finally getting an iPhone, I have become a little obsessed with Instgram, so I thought I thought that I would share with you some photos from inside the show space. You can also catch a glimpse of all the looks in the final walk video below. In the photos above:
1. Taylor Tomasi-Hill, Artistic Director of Moda Operandi;
2. Linda Fargo, Senior Vice President, Fashion Office and Store Presentation at Bergdorf Goodman;
3. Julia Sarr-Jamois, Fashion Editor for Wonderland Magazine;
4. Leigh Lezark of The Misshapes and stylist Caroline Sieber, along with two shots of the showspace;
5. Look #30 from Christopher Kane’s AW12/13 collection.