Summer Dreamin’ in Polaroid…. South of Spain

Although born in the depths of a Canadian winter, I am a summer child at my core (a very Canadian love of hockey, skating and skiing excepted!).

I woke up the other day to a rare cloudless sky in London, but sliding open the patio snapped me back into a chilly reality.  I made a cup of tea, sunk into the sofa and slipped into lazy summer dreaming.  And, because it was her birthday, I got to thinking about my trip to visit my friend Julieta and her family in the south of Spain.

She, her boyfriend Guillermo, his friends and I spent most of every day on beaches, followed by long, hazy nights in and around the towns.

I have missed shooting with film and expired Polaroid from my art school days (which preceded my very serious law school days) – I used to practically LIVE in the darkroom, developing and printing my own film!  Ah, the good ol’days…I can almost smell the fixer now.

I thought I’d share these photos with you to warm up this not-so-summery February day.

So, what do you think?  Would you like to see some analog/old-school photos in the future?

10 Responses to “Summer Dreamin’ in Polaroid…. South of Spain”

1. Yes! Definitely! Love these sunny photos…it's tough trying to stay warm these days so any bit of sunshine (even in polaroid form) helps!
    -Jordana

2. Yes! Definitely! Love these sunny photos…it's tough trying to stay warm these days so any bit of sunshine (even in polaroid form) helps!
    -Jordana

3. Russell says:

Nice to see a mention of Polaroid. Aside from their popular colour range, they stopped producing my favoured film – the wonderful 4×5” Type 55 P/N a few years ago. With its ability to produce ‘instant’ B&W large-format negs with superb tonality plus a proof print – there was nothing else like it.

4. Russell says:

5. Ylenia says:

yes, YES!!! love pictures of past-times and was thinking to include some in blog too.
    Infact, this we I am going to collect some from my parents from the 70s!!!
    Come back in the next days: http://longuette.blogspot.com

Ylenia

6. Ylenia says:

Infact, this we I am going to collect some from my parents from the 70s!!!
    Come back in the next days: http://longuette.blogspot.com

Ylenia

7. Anonymous says:

Oh, yes, dear! Id like to see photos like these!!! It's so amazing ) xo-xo

8. Anonymous says:

Oh, yes, dear! Id like to see photos like these!!! It's so amazing ) xo-xo

9. Thank you folks! I absolutely love/miss shooting with film. I will have to make more of an effort to do so in future.

@Russell – I FEEL your pain. Got a virtually new (old) Polaroid 4×5 and of course cannot find film for it. We shall live in hope…!! You just can't beat film for the tonal range.

10. Thank you folks! I absolutely love/miss shooting with film. I will have to make more of an effort to do so in future.