Simply FABB!

There is a refreshingly democratic spirit and accessibility about blogs, and Lucky‘s Editor-in-Chief Brandon Holley is definitely keen to build a bridge between more established and new media.

With that in mind, Brandon Holley and the lovely people of Lucky have organized the inaugural Fashion and Beauty Blog (FABB) conference in New York to take place on February 8, 2011, and I have been lucky (*sorry – couldn’t resist*) enough to be invited to attend.

Previous commitments are sadly keeping me from jetting over to the Big Apple, but I wanted to share some details about this event, and also break some *EXCLUSIVE* news about the conference that was just sent to me!

Cleverly positioned to take place in the week leading up to New York Fashion Week and as part of Social Media Week, this conference is an excellent opportunity to hear from blog experts, photographers, and even Lucky’s editors and staff.

OKAY, so here’s the exclusive news that Lucky has just shared with me: the Vena Cava girls will be speaking AND guest blogging for Lucky that week!  See some of their SS/11 collection from last New York Fashion Week here.

This is exciting news for anyone attending the conference as their show is only two days later so we will get a peek at what that run-up (and post-show) looks like, not to mention understanding the conference from their perspective.

Brandon Holley herself will be hosting, and a list of experts on hand to learn from and meet can be found here.

– Head over to luckymag.com/blogconference
– Follow FABB on Twitter @luckyblogconf
– Find out more about Vena Cava on their website or blog
– Find Vena Cava on Twitter @VenaCavaNYC

16 Responses to “Simply FABB!”

1. Monique says:

Congrats on getting an invite lady! Looks like it'll be a great event. Perhaps you can make it the next go round.
    Cheers

2. Monique says:

Cheers

3. Ylenia says:

I am so, so happy for you!!!!!
    well done girl, you rock!
    you are talented and strong, such a big girl.

The bright future is all yours!!!

Ylenia

4. Ylenia says:

I am so, so happy for you!!!!!
    well done girl, you rock!
    you are talented and strong, such a big girl.

The bright future is all yours!!!

Ylenia

5. Such fab news! Congrats on the invite! Wish I could go too.
    -Jordana

6. Such fab news! Congrats on the invite! Wish I could go too.
    -Jordana

7. What an honour to have been invited and what an incredible sounding event. I wish we had something similar taking place in London. xx

8. What an honour to have been invited and what an incredible sounding event. I wish we had something similar taking place in London. xx

I still don't get how a Lawyer from Canada moves to London, becomes a street fashion photog/blogger, and then gets incredible recognition! Your so awesome Michelle! Brava! Brova!! A thousand times brava!

Angels Point of View – Street Style Blog

Angels Point of View – Street Style Blog

11. @Monique – thank you! Yes, hopefully I can make it the next time! It really looks like a great conference.

@Ylenia – thank you so much, hun! It means a lot as you've been there from the beginning 🙂

@Jordana/White Cabana – indeed! Hopefully we can make a trip of it the next time!

@the style crusader – thank you! Yes, there should be something like that here. It would definitely be well-supported!

@Angel – that is so kind of you – thank you. It has been a very unexpected journey so far, and I am incredibly thankful for your and everyone else's support :))

12. @Monique – thank you! Yes, hopefully I can make it the next time! It really looks like a great conference.

13. Jennifer says:

Just came across your site! I'll be attending the conference, looking forward to meeting you 🙂 your photos are indeed amazing, another site to add to my list of inspiration! xo – jen

14. Jennifer says:

15. @Jennifer – glad you've found me :)) Unfortunately I won't make it for this session, but hopefully both of us will be there for the next one. Have fun – it's sure to be enlightening and most of all, fun!

16. @Jennifer – glad you've found me :)) Unfortunately I won't make it for this session, but hopefully both of us will be there for the next one. Have fun – it's sure to be enlightening and most of all, fun!