That Mary Katrantzou skirt, London

This, of course, is look 19 from Mary Katrantzou’s SS11 show.
The weight and the textures of the skirt was like candy to my fingertips.
The fabrication is mind-blowing.

Mary Katrantzou’s designs are the manifestation of an intensely creative mind that resides in a highly conceptual space. Hallucinogenic 3-D digital prints, surreally sculptural separates, architectural details… abstraction as fashion.

Anna dello Russo has already donned one of Mary’s fantastical lampshade skirts. The fashion writers & powers that be have been singing her praises, and she has recently won the Swiss Textile Award.  Last year’s winner was Alexander Wang.

You can see more of Mary’s SS11 collection here.

20 Responses to “That Mary Katrantzou skirt, London”

1. that is insanely beautiful. i'd love to see it in real life. beautiful image MIchelle. you've captured the textures and form so well. xx

2. that is insanely beautiful. i'd love to see it in real life. beautiful image MIchelle. you've captured the textures and form so well. xx

Its so beautiful, but I can't believe its a skirt, Its a little bit short on fabric for a skirt, I was thinking it was a bra.

Angels Point of View – Street Fashion Blog

Angels Point of View – Street Fashion Blog

5. Beautiful Michelle, where did you photograph it?

6. Beautiful Michelle, where did you photograph it?

7. Thank you so much, folks!

@ Fasion Abecedaire – I photographed the skirt in a showroom 🙂

8. Thank you so much, folks!

@ Fasion Abecedaire – I photographed the skirt in a showroom 🙂

9. Brigadeiro says:

Absolutely incredible & stunning! Love the colours, textures, everything…
    xx

10. Brigadeiro says:

Absolutely incredible & stunning! Love the colours, textures, everything…
    xx

11. when i saw this, it was screaming: couture couture couture!
    great picutre M.

12. when i saw this, it was screaming: couture couture couture!
    great picutre M.

13. Anaivilo says:

Gorgeous! One of my favorite designers! 😀 The colors are just stunning :de

14. Anaivilo says:

Gorgeous! One of my favorite designers! 😀 The colors are just stunning :de

15. This is a STUNNING skirt !!! Your photograph captured all the beautiful textures and colours wonderfully !

16. This is a STUNNING skirt !!! Your photograph captured all the beautiful textures and colours wonderfully !

17. V. says:

I am so inlove with her work…just so amazingly vibrant!!

PATISSERIE COEUR

18. V. says:

I am so inlove with her work…just so amazingly vibrant!!

PATISSERIE COEUR